Talon and Bryce having been building a fort, I think? It's wood and nails and in a tree, so it's a fort. These boys could spend all day everyday at the creek building this fort, rain or shine. And for it being on city property they can get pretty possessive sometimes. I think they told some kids they bought the land for like $6000.00! So it's theirs STAY OFF!As you can see there has been plenty of helping hands and it may be a never ending project. But here's the kicker, it is City property and some are saying kids shouldn't play at the creek, they litter and tear the bark off trees. Which I do agree is not okay. Could the City fine the HOA? It is the HOA's responsibility to keep up on it. It's a tough one, for me anyway. There are little bridges and trails throughout that have been there for all of time. I love that the kids can play in there, in the dirt and mud and all the good things kids love. So for now the HOA has agreed to let them play if they don't ruin any trees and keep it all clean. Well, nails are probably not helping the life span of any of these trees, which I think are all dead anyway but that's not the point. Talon went and picked up trash for quite some time the other day and is determined to keep his little haven.



I wonder if Talon has my ridiculous sense of humor?
Today was Bryce's Birthday (a friend of Talon) Talon asked what he wanted and Bryce said "Oh I don't know a My Little Pony a pink one, or maybe ten bucks or something" So, Talon and I go out and of course we buy him a pink My Little Pony! Yep! We thought we were pretty funny! Talon and I laughed and giggled all the way to the party! We did include a card, a cute one, with a Chiaua on the front in a little purse. The card says, I was going to buy you a tiny little dog that you could dress up all cute and carry around in your purse... (Open card) Then I realized you weren't CRAZY! It's a pretty little pink card. Oh goodness, we laughed more! We did however give him ten bucks!





15 comments:
I just love seeing boys be boys! And I totally get your humor! Fuller had been joking that he wanted Barbie Fairytopia for his birthday, and although it would have totally embarrassed him I really wish I would have gotten for him.
I love that your kids have such a great place outdoors to be creative.
Some of my favorite childhood memories are playing out in the wilderness building forts! And I'm sure Bryce enjoyed playing with his pink My Little Pony:)
ok...I'm going to be the bubble buster here....sorry. If it's city property, then the city will be held accountable if anyone is injured on that property, right? So...the city at some point (when some crabby person complains) will come in and tear it down...and their hard work and hearts will be broken. You could call the city outright and ask them if it's ok...then all their work won't be in vain...
I remember when my sisters built a fort on our own private property. The tax man tried to tax my dad for an "out building" and my dad kicked it over right in front of the tax man. We cried for days :( It took months to build it...and seconds to rip our dreams apart....
Sometimes this world feels so wrong. Kudos to the boys for their inventive, creative minds...it looks so cool and so FUN. Maybe you, Rochelle, of all people...could convince them to let it be......if anyone can, you can.
That's a hard one! I too have some of my favorite childhood memories from building forts in the wooded area next to our home. Also, of throwing pinecones at my brother. Also, the forts made great hiding places to hide my brother after I tied him up. Also, I got my butt beat in the woods by my house. It was private property though, so it was--ok.
I think boys need more woods to build tree houses and forts in. I sure hope nobody tries to tear it down. And I love that you got the My Little Pony. Funny!
The my little pony cracks me up! You guys really are diabolical! :) I love that Talon and his buddies are building a fort..like Aundrea.. those are some of my favorite memories of my childhood. Hope he gets to keep it! xoxo
I loved building forts in my back yard when I was a kid. The little pony thing is really funny.
Always up to something fun! Their fort looks pretty cool! I'm all for it - it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission in a case like this - plus, if someone gets hurt, what are they going to sue the city for having trees? (probably) :)
Oh man, that's a tough call! Bailey and Zach would be in such heaven with something like that. They look like they are having such boyish fun times, which I'm all for . . . but it would be such a bummer to see it ending badly if the city stepped in and got nasty about it. Good luck with this one!!!
I love the my little pany story it is so funny! As for the creek and woods, let them have fun. The amount of damage they do is less than the few deer do when they head through the woods. (They tear the bark off the trees too) Better for them to be building a fort than going and causing trouble. I do agree that they should clean up after themselves though!
Every kid needs their fort in the woods. I remember making forts every summer until I was probably 12.
That looks like a pretty cool fort.
How cool! Where is this exactly? Can't seem to picture where it is in relation to your house. Anyway...some of my fondest memories are outdoors playing in the dirt with my sister. It's great that there is a place for them to escape to and create their VERY OWN space! How fun.
That's so funny they told those kids they bought the land! And what boy wouldn't want a pink My Little Pony? : )
Post a Comment