I say little because when I call you big you are sure to tell me "I'm not big I'm little!".
Dr. Kim delivered you at 12:08am on September 7, 2004. He was sure you'd be a Labor Day baby but your little stubborn self held on for eight extra minutes. I just figure you wanted your own day!
When you were born you didn't start breathing for some time and I was on the bed losing consciousness; the doctor turned to dad and told him he needed to turn off the video camera. But you and I pulled through and you were and are a health boy!
Your entrance into this world gave us quite the excitement, you know with your extra thumb and all! I really just figured God had extra digits up there and he knew they belonged in our family. So you were sporting my missing left big toe as a extra tiny thumb on your right hand!
When you were a baby I welcomed everything you did and knew it would be the last time I would experience it. I didn't mind that you weren't walking I loved carrying you. A friend had to tell me I needed to have you checked. Thankfully I did, your muscles weren't forming properly and you needed physical therapy. You started standing at 18 months and walked shortly after.
You always have your left thumb in your mouth while you cup the right hand. You snuggle right up next to us when you sleep. You love TRANSFORMERS, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and cars and trains. You like your hair in a Faux-hawk. Yes, you ask for it! You want your hair to look like "Bruders". You love the outdoors, if you could eat, sleep and everything else out there you would. Your a magnet to dirt. You love baths. You scream often and turn your back on photos. And Sunday was your first day going to primary without crying! You walked straight to class not even waiting for us, I was thrilled but sad, you're growing up!
You spoiled me as a baby and now your running my tail end off and most days I love it! You still let me rock and cuddle with you. Just the other day I was thinking this might end soon. It made me sad.
Today while we sang Happy Birthday you turned around, we sang to your back side! Dang your an ornery little cuss, but a cute one! You did however turn around when the song was over and blow your candles out. I should have listened to you, you'd been telling me all day you didn't want us to sing to you. You also said "I don't want a big birfday, I want a litto one"; translation, you don't want to get bigger you want to stay little, hence, To my little Thatcher. I love you!
.
Love ,
Mom
.
P.S. Your cake was going to be a BIG snake but at the last minute you wanted a race track!







15 comments:
Happy Birthday!! <3
Happy Birthday Thatcher!
Happy Birthday Thatcher! Love the snake/turned racecar track cake!!
Happy Birfday Thatch! We love ya!
Happy Birthday Thatcher! What a cutie!
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you are FOUR! I'm so happy to watch you grow into a big boy (oops! did I say big?) I'm so happy to watch you grow into a little boy!!!! Happy Birthday!!!
That was so sweet! Nice change on the cake! Don't know if I could have been as inventive! Happy Birthday Thatcher!
What a sweet letter, and what a lot you've gone through with him! I'm sure it's made your relationship very special, you're a great mom.
Happy Birthday, Thatcher! You make me smile :)
PS..That was a cute cake!! It turned out awesome :)
I love that he still lets you rock him. I keep wondering when Gavin;s going to refuse my cuddles. I hope It never happens to either of us.
Is he really four?? Happy Birthday Thatcher!
CUTE!! fun post - love the letter style. And the cake looks awesome!
Happy Birthday cute little Thatcher!
Thatch man is four? Ugh! Where does the time go? Happy Birthday "little" man!
So cute! Thank goodness the last minute cake change wasn't something totally off. It looked great as a race track or a snake!
Post a Comment