6.09.2009

A Proud Mama!


Talon's first sacrament talk,

Good morning brothers and sisters. I recently had the privilege of being ordained a deacon so I decided to give a talk on the Aaronic priesthood.

In the Church today, worthy male members may receive the Aaronic Priesthood beginning at age 12. As young men with the priesthood we receive many opportunities to participate in sacred priesthood ordinances and give service.

As we worthily fulfill our duties acting in the name of the Lord we help others receive the blessings of the gospel.

In 1972 Victor L Brown gave the following quote:

“All men are children of God, but you have something more. You have the authority to act in his name. This sets you apart from the rest of the world. It does not automatically make you better than others, but it gives you the responsibility to live a better life than others.

“Because you know you are a child of God and hold his priesthood, more is expected of you than of those who do not have this great blessing”

One of the most important jobs we have as deacons is to pass the sacrament. When I do this, I can feel the Spirit of the Lord and it helps me remember the importance of this ordinance. Each Sunday I look forward to passing the sacrament as a representative of the Lord.

I am also thankful to not have to go to primary anymore…..just kidding. Just as primary helped me prepare to receive the Aaronic priesthood I know The Aaronic priesthood will help me prepare for duties later in life like getting the Melchizedek priesthood and serving a mission.

I have a testimony that the priesthood is very important and that it if I honor the responsibilities and duties I will be blessed.

I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.


and Tyler's first talk, well Tyler had one a year ago in primary but Jeremy gave it for him!

3 comments:

Shannon b said...

I definitely got a kick out of the Primary comment. :)
I thought he did a FABULOUS job on his talk!

Anonymous said...

WOW...I was completely engulfed reading that! Good JOB Talon! Seriously, are you 30? My goodness...so mature. I puffed up like a proud Auntie....

sheila said...

I thought that the primary comment was funny also! He did a great job!