I was driving through the Wal*Mart parking lot and came to a slow roll while a man and his wife crossed in front of me. Just before they reached the other side he turns to me and yells "YOU NEED TO F*#$^** STOP" Such words and force dragged me out of my pleasent day dream startling me some as I was unsure of having done anything wrong. I was a decent distance from him and I so naturally creeped along while they crossed. "HMM" I thought.While I parked the car I could tell that the man was waiting for me at the Wal*Mart entrance. I couldn't help but get a little excited seeing him waiting there... You see, I'm not known for my wit but I'd heard a comment before and had been dying for the chance to say it!
I reached the front of the store and he and his wife walk in right in front of me. The man is burly looking like he might belong to the Hell's Angels and his wife seemed meek and just looked down. He starts to babble all sorts of profanity at me, I nodded to show I was listening and when he finished I ever so softly said "Are you having a bad day? Because you could've had a REALLY bad day if I hadn't slowed down out there."
I could smell his ear hairs singeing as smoke poured out of them! His face went a deep scarlet read. He raised his hand just above his head and he shooed me, "YOU GO ON, GET OUT OF MY FACE."
I'm pretty sure he was having a bad day!
I later felt bad that I had enjoyed myself so much and thought I was pretty hot stuff! I was shaken in my boots the whole time but scarey Hell's Angels man will never know. I started thinking, I hope the end is not so near as I've just shown I have a lot of improvement. I've decided that's probably not what Jesus would do!





17 comments:
Well at least you kept your voice down! That counts for something in my book :) And you didn't hit him, so that's a plus, too. As far as WWJD, I'm sure He would have had some words for gnarly harley dude himself! What a grump.
You are so awesome! I don't think I would have had the courage to say that.
You've heard my stories, so I won't share them here...I'm proud of ya!:)_
Oh, Rochelle. How I love you. Good for you, standing up for yourself. I always wish I would have. Hopefully he'll think twice next time before laying into someone like that.
Seriously...what is his problem! I can't believe some people just sit around and wait at the door to yell at someone about their driving! Unbelievable! He deserved to hear a few choice words. Go girl!
You didn't use any four letter words, so I think you're all good. He doesn't have any right to complain anyway since it's not like he had a brush with death because of you or anything. What a whiner! If you see him another time you should totally floor it, come to a screeching halt inches from him, then laugh like a loon and say, "Gotcha! I bet you thought I was really gonna get you this time!" Mwahahaha!
Way to go tough girl! You know I wouldn't have been able to do that...that's why I keep you around to protect me!! :)
HAHA, I love it. I usually would just turn and leave.
Right on....LOL....you should have said, "if you didn't like slow...you would HATE step on it!"
Way to go - at least you slowed down and let them pass infront of you - I must THINK that I drive a very SMALL car, because I am always going when I think it should be my turn, only to have those WAL*MART shoppers slap the back end of my car to tell me how very WRONG I was. oops, sorry, you looked slow - I didn't realize that me driving through the cross walk ahead of you would encourage you to speed up! (Get a life people - you're still alive!)
Whatever, I have been in the car with you and afraid for my life! Poor guy was probably just upset for wetting himself when you almost killed him...lol....
This is hilarious. You got a laugh out of a bad situation. THAT is impressive.
That is awesome! I have trouble keeping my mouth shut. One time I was in old navy when Summer was a baby and she was a little fussy not bad but an old lady was in there and was having a cow telling me to shut my kid up. I followed he though the whole store telling Summer that it is ok if she wants to cry harder. I know I am a b. I guess that is why I get into trouble alot. Whats up with old people anyway.
I don't know, in that situation, what Jesus would have done...but I'm sure that he would have been pretty pleased that you didn't return the profanity OR offer harley-dude the "bird". That might have been my first response (all the while shaking in my boots, too). :) So, I think you're all good!
I just shared with a fellow nursing student and are giving you a two thumbs up on your gumption.
Don't feel bad. Everybody probably wishes they had the nerve to do what you did. I always leave those kind of situations thinking "If only I would have said ...."
I love this Rochelle! I would have been right beside you saying "so there!" and I would have shooed him away. People like that drive me crazy.
Post a Comment